- Extremely strong governance and structures in place to become a sustainable organization run by Kenyans for Kenyans.
- Being rooted in the community, we are able to Listen and respond to need.
- Registered Community Based Organization in
- Ruiru district in Kenya and governed by our Constitution.
- Elected board (currently 6 board members) has a
- Strong skill base and balanced community representation; their contributions are wise, considered and practical.
- The boards also acts as the Management Team and meet every four months
- We have earned an excellent reputation among all stakeholders for being fair, transparent, inclusive and accountable.
Financial Management Policies
Below are some of our procedures in financial management:
- Fair, transparent financial systems
- Cautious and frugal approach to spending. Only spend according to the project budget and as per the direction of the donors
- Clear reserves policy to secure against the main financial risks
- We use a strict financial management policy that ensures accountability and transparency in all our financial transactions. All our transactions must be sanctioned and approved by at least three signatories.
- All our work plans and financial budgets are reviewed and approved in Board meetings.
- All our financial and project reports are reviewed and approved during quaterly meetings.
- We use separate books of accounts for each source of funding to facilitate proper accounting and financial management.